Friday 2 March 2012

Very nearly squished!

Totals from 1st March having been too traumatised to blog, more of which later!...Twitter (14 Tweets) Facebook...3 status updates ...blog entry...one in progress...actual productive writing of my novel...500 words, Cups of coffee...2 Cupcakes ...1 (if a lemons an poppy seed muffin counts?)

Music mostly on my itunes this evening; nothing, too traumatised watching mindless scary films and drinking red wine with a friend instead!

So today started out pretty nicely, the sun was shining, got a good amount of writing done and met my Aunt for lunch - it's a shame the same couldn't be said for the afternoon. After collecting car and having the sinking feeling in my stomach when something didn't feel right I called on the assistance of my local AA man for help; feeling a little embarrassed owing to the fact I was currently parked in a multi-story car park in a shopping mall.
After a very quick call back I was told he was fifteen minutes away so I headed back to the car to meet him. Feeling very foolish when I threatened all sorts of things to the car if it was going to cost the earth to repai,r including having it squished and afterwards having never really felt much love for said car I actually relished the idea a bit about seeing it squished...perhaps I could even have a little dance on top of it afterwards?
After the very nice AA man looked at it and told me that my brakes had seized we drove very carefully down to his truck in the bowels of the mall to the loading bay car park, where he investigated and pulled off the first wheel. Made a few clucking sounds and then told me it perhaps wouldn't be as bad as I thought to fix. (I have to admit I was a little let down having worked out my dance moves ready for dancing onto of the squished metal block that I had imagined!) Leaving me he went to get the required items and left me alone and jacked up.
Of course a lorry arrived (why wouldn't it?) and wanted to pull into the bay alongside of me which was currently inhabited by a member of staff. Things happened a bit quickly from there, one minute I saw the drivers mate talking to the car driver who had returned to move his car. Then looked down into my bag to find something and it was like things happened in slow motion. I looked up and saw the car reversing and the lorry reversing and before I could get out of the car to shout or do anything the lorry had just about pinned the car against the concrete pillar and made a fair mess of the side and back of the car while I stood resembling a goldfish. The very nice AA man returned to find this after it had only just happened and to find me pretty shocked to the point I threw up. I think I was more embarrassed. Luckily no-one was hurt, apart from the poor car.
Still somewhat shocked I collected a friend who was staying the night and she force fed me red wine!
She is an excellent friend! Obviously red wine cures everything!!!
I suppose if anything good were to come from this it would be an excellent incident to include in a book! Who knows.
Phew what a long post hope I didn't lose you somewhere along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment