Wednesday 29 February 2012

Inspired

Writing...Twitter (6 tweets so far...including re-tweets) Facebook...1 status update ...blog entry...one in progress...actual productive writing of my novel...2,000 words, Cups of coffee...2 Cupcakes ...2 (see pictorial evidence below)

Music mostly on my itunes this evening; The Script - The Script & Science and Faith, Snow Patrol - Best of up to now.

At last, I'm feeling particularly pleased with myself today after having a very productive day and have only stopped writing because I need to make myself stop in the hope that I will feel as inspired tomorrow and produce similar results. To prove my statement above after sadly neglecting the amazingness of cupcakes here is where my inspiration started this morning...


This just got better from here,  the only distraction being from a lady that sat one table away who thought that the whole coffee shop wanted to be in on her conversation - had it been interesting perhaps I could have used it...unfortunately it wasn't so I turned up my music in order to drown her out and continued. My fingers actually ache so I'm taking that as a sign that its been a good day after my negativity yesterday.

I even managed to fit in a trip to the cinema in the name of...research? Or just the fact that I wanted to go and watch a film when it was quiet, just as well really as I blubbed like a baby while watching "The Vow" and I'm not really sure it's a good idea to go to the cinema alone to watch such films...think I may need a shoulder to cry on for the next one! In any case the trailer is below in case you feel like checking it out, just take some tissues!



Even after the film I came home and continued writing when I'm not normally able to write anything at home (normally due to too many distractions more than anything else) and only stopped to make dinner and to help out housemate - which consisted of driving around the city to find an address to leave her car then bring her home in my car, only problem was we lost each other and she had the sat nav and neither of us knew where we were going. Consequently even with the sat nav we couldn't find the address, so after driving around aimlessly for almost forty minutes we gave up and both drove home again. After dinner I even wrote for another thirty minutes before deciding to stop in order to have an already primed starting point for tomorrow.
Thankfully today has restored my faith that I will make my deadline and although returning to the day job on Friday at least I'm back on track!
Now all I need to do is to tell my brain it's time to switch off...any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment