Tuesday 21 February 2012

Neglected...

Life gets in the ways sometimes, the day job, studying for the day job, going to the gym, thinking about going to the gym, thinking of excuses why I can't go to the gym, drinking tea, daydreaming, thinking about writing...feeling guilty for not actually writing...why can't I actually write?
I'm at a loss! I refuse to accept writers block as an excuse, because if I give that chance to exist and take hold who knows what kind of monster I could create?! So I'm not even going down that road!
The book I am currently writing is almost finished I know pretty much how it's going to end but why can't I actually write it? Perhaps I'm sad its coming to an end ? I know realistically the final full stop is only the start of the "tweaking" before I pass it on to more professional hands to give it the once over so I don't think that's it. Is it the thought of what comes next? Who knows but I've a number of possibilities so the truth is I just don't know.
So here's what I'm going to do...take the evening off - watch some mindless television, get my clothes ready for the gym in the morning so I have no excuses and make myself a hot chocolate and have an early night. Tomorrow is the start of three days off from my day job and I WILL be productive and give myself the kick up the bottom that I obviously need!

No comments:

Post a Comment