Friday 17 February 2012

Procrastinating much?

Writing...Twitter (5 tweets so far...if you include re-tweets 9) Facebook...one status update...blog entry...one in progress...actual productive writing of my novel...two pages of A4 in my notebook (and aiming for more this evening!) Cups of coffee...1    Cupcakes ...1 (phew thought I'd have to change my blog title!)

So a day with a little more productivity than yesterday, thank goodness! Have reached 95,000 words and am aiming to have second novel completed at around 100,000 words. I really need to finish this soon so I can have my wall back (I have a wall planner with a story board time line blue-tacked to my wall at the moment, I'd really like to put a picture up instead!). I had planned on writing lots and being very focused but have to say Twitter is becoming pretty addictive, I don't even know these people but they have so many interesting things to say! When I've tired of Twitter, obviously I needed to check Facebook...then Youtube...






above were just a few...then time to adjust my itunes play list...oh and Twitter again.
If that wasn't enough I have been totally engrossed in reading "A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness, again! Not sure why I do it to myself I enjoyed it so much that I was gutted when I finished to find out that the next instalment is not due out until July...so obviously I had to visit Amazon and pre-order my copy.
Then a visit to a supermarket to buy things that I probably didn't need anyway, then I actually wrote two pages in my notebook (I hand write first I like to see the words on paper) then rewarded myself by having a shower and writing in my blog.
The result, I'm feeling pretty guilty I wasted my day and only have two pages to show for it, back to my day job tomorrow and another 13 hour shift so I'm going to aim to get up half an hour early to write without distraction before work...I will let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment