Tuesday 28 February 2012

Hi there!

Writing...Twitter (9 tweets so far...including re-tweets) Facebook...1 status update ...blog entry...one in progress...actual productive writing of my novel...0 words (does opening my notebook count?), Cups of coffee...0 Cupcakes ...0 (but my lovely housemate gave me a panacotta dessert not sure this counts will try harder tomorrow!)
Music mostly on my itunes this evening; Maroon 5 How, Marcus Foster I was broken, Birdy Skinny love, Christina Perri Penguin, Florence and the machine No light no light.


Videos that made me laugh today...



Amazing! I have my very first comment. I am so pleased, I didn't actually think there was anyone out there so Hi if you are reading this, it's nice to know there is someone out there.
I'm trying not to be to hard on myself but it's been a pretty rubbish start to the week as far as writing is concerned but as it's only Tuesday I'm not going to feel bad about it. I now have two days off from my day job so my aim is to get up early and walk into the city and find myself a nice corner in one of my favourite coffee shops and park my bottom and write until my fingers hurt!
It seems that the closer I get to finishing this book, the harder it is to write...is that normal? I know exactly where it's going to end it's just the actual writing I seem to be struggling with! Still I have just over a month until my self imposed deadline so I'm really hoping I will make it. I already have planned what I want to work on next and the idea and characters are starting to take shape but I've promised myself I won't start until this one is completed.
I had planned on writing this evening but after a busy shift at work, almost torturing myself to the point of exhaustion at a spinning class, and being fed the most amazing chickpea and butternut squash curry by my housemate I think once I'm done here I'm going to take the night off. I'm already contemplating a Ghost Whisperer marathon (I can't help it. I love it, it's so sad it is no more, though don't get me started on the last season!!!!!!)
So at the risk of repeating myself, I'm going to take a deep breath relax and not be hard on myself knowing tomorrow is another day and without the distraction of Facebook or Twitter (I think I need help I'm sure I'm developing an addiction to Twitter!) my day will be much more productive...and perhaps then I will deserve my cupcake!!!
Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment